Hello Hello

Friday, March 30, 2007

Fuzzy, thick caterpillars

I was a beautiful baby (this is what my mother always told me) but cranky.

As I grew up, I didn't feel as beautiful (I think this is normal), especially standing next to my mother, who was so lovely she modelled for a local department store while at Salem College (Montaldo's? Thalhimers?).

But one thing I did havethat she did not: naturally well-shaped, separated eyebrows. Even after I was a full-fledged adult, I never had to pluck them, pencil them, or put them through any other indignity that my mother suffered.

And then recently I looked in the mirror and realized that something had changed.

Here is what I saw.

OK, so that's an exaggeration.

Here's a recent picture of me.

I need HELP, people. My mother NEVER taught me the art of brow - she didn't NEED TO - and now she's DEAD and I don't want to try it myself, lest I end up with THIN PENCIL LINES on my forehead where my eyebrows USED to be. You KNOW what I am TALKING ABOUT.

I need suggestions for local beauticians who aren't afraid of caterpillars.
Post a Comment