Hello Hello

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Correspon-Dance

I got an email recently from a regular reader in which the reader expressed a preference for posts "with a point of view" on Life in Forsyth. Specifically, this reader prefers my more, um, opinionated posts. Yes, that's code for complaining.

Believe it or not, it's hard for me to complain every day. I'm typically pretty happy. I tend to assume the best of people, Chick Fil-A employees notwithstanding. But now that you ask, there are one or two little things I maybe could mention...

~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Local School:

Did you actually put out this handout reminding me it's Teacher Appreciation Week next week, with compiled lists of gifts my child can bring each teacher, as well as a reminder to bring gifts on specific days? Please tell me not. Please tell me the PTA did this and forgot to put their seal on it. It's more than slightly gift-grubby if you put it out yourselves.

Say It Ain't So,
Esbee

~~~~~~~~~~

Dear JournalNow.com:

It's no good to just revamp blogs. One has to actually post to them. That new Pop Culture blog? Nothing since February 1st. And I have a theory, which is that Someone Biggie decided the Journal needed a blog about xyz, then grabbed Someone Smallie and said, "Here. Write about xyz!" It feels unnaturally forced. And that's sad, because I'd love to see quality bloggage other than the editor's come out of my local paper.

Wistfully,
Esbee

~~~~~~~~~~

Dear God:

Please make the marshy wetland off Reynolda Road bigger. Much bigger.

Love,
Esbee


~~~~~~~~~~

That pretty much covers it, I think.
Post a Comment