Hello Hello

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful


When the oldest was a few months past his fourth birthday, his Sunday school class made turkey feathers out of construction paper. On each feather, the child would write something for which he or she was thankful, then attach the feather to a turkey cutout. When the children came out of the classroom, most of the other children had turkeys with six or seven feathers in their hands. The oldest's turkey only had two. One read BROTHER, and the other read MONSTER TRUCKS.

This morning, I tried to explain Thanksgiving to the youngest. I asked him to name something he was thankful for, figuring maybe, just maybe, I'd get a mention this time. He was silent for a few seconds, then said, "I thanks for boots."
"Boots?" I asked, not sure I'd heard him right.
"Boots," he confirmed, nodding.

I hadn't really thought about it, before, but I guess I'm thankful for boots, too.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Post a Comment