Hello Hello

Thursday, November 16, 2006

In Basket, Out Basket

Recently the email I've received about this blog has almost all fallen into three categories, which I've paraphrased below.

Dear Esbee: I sent you a store suggestion. Why isn't it over there?

One of two reasons: I haven't yet added it, or I wasn't able to find any information about it online. There were at least two stores like that. I'll update the list later tonight or tomorrow. Let's say if you don't see it up by Monday morning, it falls into the second category.

Dear Esbee: I cannot believe you named your hamster after Aunt Jemima! How insulting to syrup makers/black people/me!

Sorry, but you have the wrong Jemima. Mine's named after Jemima Puddle-Duck, a Beatrix Potter character I've loved since childhood. I swore forever I'd name a daughter thusly (as well as about five other names, including - no joke - Lulabelle and Matilda), but since we have all sons, I've started using my girl names for animals.

Dear Esbee: I loved/hated your bra post. It's so good to know where to go!/It was so unladylike!

Thank you./Oh well.

~~~~~

I also have some correspondence of my own to send out.

Dear The Fast and the Furiously Festive on Country Club:

I see you took down the inflatable turkey already to make room for more premature Christmas decorations. No, really, this is a superb idea! Thanksgiving Schmanksgiving! I mean, chop-chop already! Let's MOOOOVE the calendar along, people! Who was it who said, "Don't put off until tomorrow what holiday decorating you can do today!" anyway? Someone smart!

Accordingly, please make sure you have a ginormous heart, riddled with arrows, and accompanied by an oversized, winged infant in a diaper, up no later than next Monday. We really must move along if we're to squeeze in St. Patrick's day before the first snowflake.

Cracking the Holiday Whip,
Esbee
Post a Comment