Hello Hello

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bah, Humturkey

5 am found me in my car, on the way back from the only local 24-hour Walgreen's, my search for medicine for a sick child successful (Miller and Cloverdale, for the record).

Tired doesn't even begin to describe it - I'd been up half the night cradling said child's feverish, little body. Driving down the still-dark streets, I cranked the radio in hopes of staying more alert. But my beloved Hitz 94.1, which played awesome wonders from the 80s, was replaced a few weeks ago with "new programming", of which I am not a fan, so I hit the channel search.

And then.

And then my ears were assaulted. As the dial stopped on 102.9, out of Charlotte, an announcer threatened me with "Continuous Christmas Favorites". And the horror began.

Thankfully, my outrage over yet more Christmas prematurity, more Other Holiday Preemption, kept me awake the rest of the way.
Post a Comment