Hello Hello

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Yawn

This weather, this damp cold on a Sunday, it makes me cozy. I want to stay in and read the entire paper start to finish. I want to sit in front of the fireplace. I want to drink Mocha or cider and eat the rest of the Glop I made last night. What? You don't know Glop? Well, it's a family recipe of my late mother's, but I suppose, since you asked nicely, you can have it.

~~~~~~~~GLOP~~~~~~~

1. Find every single basic, good-in-desserts ingredient you can in your cupboard.

2. Layer in casserole dish.

3. Bake.

4. Cool.

You look confused. What? I am NOT holding out on you!That's it! That's the recipe! The whole recipe!

Some Glops are better than others, but the one I made last night was stupendous, if I do say so. (I made a melted butter and crushed graham cracker crust at the very bottom, then layered pecans, sweetened, condensed milk, then coconut, and finally semi-sweet chocolate chips. Then I threw it in the oven at 325 for about 15 minutes. Then I let it cool for an hour before cutting it.)

So I'll stay inside today, read the paper, work on Halloween costumes, and eat Glop. You should, too.
Post a Comment