Hello Hello

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

(sing along) DOWNTOWN! Everything's waiting for you!

Last time I walked downtown, more than one person told me they'd like like to come next time. So this morning, I called a friend and told her to dress not to impress, and off we went.

1. Contempo Concepts (Fourth Street) promises "Norwegian design".


Nice concept, but, um, those melanine bowls look familiar. I could swear I had seen them at...



Ah, yes, the Target pricetags are still on the bottom. Looks like at most you paid $1.99 each and are now hawking them as "Norwegian Contemporary" for $8 a pop. Good luck with you, then.

2. Most lovely vistas of the day were Corpening Plaza



and Stroll Way (next to BBT building).


3. Sign seen near Winston-Salem Journal building: what does MESDA mean? Anyone?


Found it: MESDA!

And last but not least, I've had an inordinate number of people ask me if in real life I look like The Sheriff or the Teemified Dinner Belle Substitute . Happily, neither really. They're both photos of me, of course, but I don't generally look quite so... so... affected. But here I am looking sweaty - and inexplicably jowly, what the hell? - after hoofing it all over downtown again.

Post a Comment