Hello Hello

Friday, September 15, 2006

Dear Powers That Be:

I know you were trying to help the situation. Really, I do. But the thing is, this sign? The one you put on the northbound exit ramp off Silas Creek onto Robinhood?


Well, see, the thing is, instead of keeping traffic moving, the sign actually slows traffic even more. People brake to read it, then can't decide what exactly they're to do, so they are even more "on their guard" when the curve to the right brings them to Robinhood. Which means they stop. All the way now. Full. Stop.

I know, I know. You wanted to let them know there was no reason to even slow down, that they had their own lane on Robinhood, that they didn't even have to merge, much less yield. Why couldn't you have written that on the sign? Wait, let me show you.

Ahhh. That's better.

And then, I tell you what, come put the old sign on my street, which could use the considerable decrease in speed that the sign creates.

Post a Comment