Hello Hello

Friday, September 01, 2006

...And we're postmarked


Today being the last day to enter most of the contests at the 2006 Dixie Classic, I took my entry forms in person to the Post Office. Sadly, I had to opt out of the muscadines or scuppernongs (white) class at the last minute; mine just don't seem like they'll be ready this year. I have great hopes for the 2007 DCF, though.

The oldest is entering two contests, each of which carry a $5 top prize. There's an additional Judge's Choice possibility if he takes first in either; that would be another $10 plus the very important rosette.

I entered four: 3 of the special cooking contests, plus Artificial Wreath decoration. I'm not ready to reveal my theme quite yet (though it had to be on the entry form), but suffice it to say I have those 20 points for Creativity of Theme in the bag.

The three special cooking contests I entered were Spam (with a first prize of $150), Mt. Olive Pickles (first again is $150), and the Village Tavern dessert contest, for which first is a happy $600.

I'd love to win fistfuls of cash, but honestly, I'm most excited about my Artificial Wreath Theme.
Post a Comment