Hello Hello

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ocho Buckos, as they say in Texican

2006 Dixie Classic Premium Catalog, page 28


That's the premium listed for first prize in the Muscadines or Scuppernongs class at the 2006 Dixie Classic Fair.
What? What's that you say? You say one has to actually grow muscadines or scuppernongs to win? Behold the fruits of my lack of gardening; indigenous muscadines or scuppernongs have cultivated themselves! Mine is the smarter muscadine or scuppernong!

See the pretty muscadines or scuppernongs all nestled in, being nourished by God-knows-what from my primarily clay soil!

So sweet! So pretty! A little chain link bling brings out their inner glow. What? What's that? I need to have at least 25 muscadines or scuppernongs to put on the plate with which I am provided by the fair?

The above is actually only maybe a third of my muscadine or scuppernong crop. So no worries!

(Save one: I've never actually grown muscadines or scuppernongs before. I have no idea if these will end up qualifying for D-55 black class or D-56 white class. Whichever it is, though, I'm sure to win!)

Post a Comment