Hello Hello

Monday, March 13, 2006

Big Brother and my allergies

Actually, my husband's. Mine are manageable, but his? Not so much.

Poor man didn't sleep at all last night for congestion and sinus headache. According to Forsyth County Environmental Affairs, the pollen is entirely tree pollen, and "High". So off I ran to the local pharmacy for BASH, which is my petname for Benadryl Allergy Sinus Headache.

But one can't just buy it now. Instead, I had to take a paper label off a shelf, take it to the pharmacy counter, present it, present a photo ID, provide my name and address, and sign the register. BASH, it seems, is now a controlled substance.

Or, more accurately, one ingredient in BASH is. To wit: one pseudoepinephrine, used in the illegal production of methamphetamine, an addictive stimulant that produces feelings of euphoria. There's a growing problem with meth labs in North Carolina, so now one has to jump through hoops to get allergy medication.

Know who used to get daily methamphetamine shots?
True story...



Hitler.
Post a Comment